Troubleshooting Dispense Problems
Please click on and of the problems below and find all possible causes and solutions. If you have a problem which isn't listed below please feel free to contact us.
1  No Dispense?
- Check the gas bottle is full and turned on
- Check the gas valves to the keg line and pump are turned on
- Ensure the keg coupler handle is firmly down onto the keg and fitted correctly
- Ensure the fob detector is in dispense mode and float is at the top and the keg is full
- Are the cooler coils frozen due to not being switched off prior to line cleaning
- Check the beer line from the keg is not kinked or damaged
- Check the beer line under the font has not kinked or is damaged
2  Is beer fobbing occurring?
- Is there yeast build up in the lines?
- Has the keg been degassed due to not replenishing the gas bottle?
- Check the seals are not worn on the keg connector
- Check the fob detector has been set in the correct mode
3  Is your beer warm?
- Check cellar cooling is switched on and operating correctly
- Check the inline cooling is switched on and displaying the correct temperature
- Check the python recirculation pump is working
- Ensure there are no obstructions to the air flow and the condenser grill is clean
- Check the cooler level is correct and the overflow is not blocked
4  Do you have taste problems?
- Is the frequency of line cleaning adequate?
- Check the quality of cleaning agent used
- Has the correct line cleaning practice been adhered to?
- Has the keg coupler been sanitised during cleaning processes?
- Have correct cleaning processes been adhered to?
- Check to see if the glass wash machine requires de-scaling
- Check the quality of detergent and rinse aid used
- Ensure correct drying and storage of glasses