Different Types of Dispense Head

Which type of keg coupler do I need? There are 5 different types of keg connectors / tap valves available and we have them all in stock. The coupler controls the release of the beer from a keg by attaching to the valve and CO2 line. The type of coupler you need will depend on the product you wish to dispense.


  1. Sankey

Sankey Sankey Keg Connector

  • Commonly used for draught beer products such as Carlsberg, Fosters, Strongbow, Woodpecker, Marstons, Amstel, John Smiths, Moretti, Brooklyn, Beavertown, Wylam and Anarchy.


2. KeyKeg

keykeg Keykeg Coupler

  • Commonly used for draught beer products including Flying Dog, Redchurch and Hitachino.


3. A Type

A-type1 A-Type Keg Valve

  • Flex seal
  • Torpedo & Retainer ring
  • Commonly used for products including Guinness, Pimms, Hoegaarden, Camden, West, Timmermans and Fruli.


4. M Type

M-type M-System Keg Coupler

  • Flex seal
  • Torpedo NRV
  • Commonly used for draught beer such as Veltins and Schneiderweisse.


5. G Type (Grundy)

Grundy G-Type Keg Valve

  • Flex seal
  • Ball & Retainer
  • Commonly used for draught beer products including Budweiser, Thatchers Gold, Becks Vier, Worthington Creamflow, Fullers, Grolsch, Carling, Coors and Brewdog.


6. D Type (American Sankey)

D-type D Type System Keg Valve

  • Commonly used for draught beer products including Anchor Steam, Anchor Porter, Anchor Liberty, Goose Island, Founders, Fordham and Dominion.


If you are unsure what type of keg coupler you need, please email us and we can advise accordingly.

Brilliant absolutely brilliant. Thank you so much for your help - Paul Ewington

Great seller!! quick delivery and knew what I was after when I was struggling - Jonathan Vickers

Great seller, speedy professional service. Will use again. Highly recommended - Kim Ridgway